1. Debating what color butterfly clips to wear because they obviously had to match your outfit
2. Being careful not to get your hair wrap wet when washing your hair
It took forever to dry long after your hair did
3. Piling on the plastic chokers, and seeing their markings when you took them off
4. Wearing overalls was fashionable in any situation–even if we may not have realized it
Even Tai felt out of place when wearing them at Josh’s party
5. Up until the point where they were covered in patches
The more the merrier
6. Not really a struggle, but can the skort make a comeback?
10. Jelly shoes gave you blisters for daysss
12. When your Churchgirl shirt snagged and you couldn’t wear it anymore
Not sure why they were called that, but it was a classier version of tie-dye. You definitely forked over $60 for a shirt that was paper-thin and looked like a dot painting a five-year-old made. But they were so cool you didn’t care.
13. Bucket hats. Enough said.
Never ever bring back bucket hats. Ever. Good for shielding the sun, but unless you want to look like Tia and Tamera on Sister, Sister (in that case, get me an identical twin), don’t make them come back.
16. Wearing printed bike shorts for anything but biking
Clarissa Darling = the ultimate ’90s style icon
17. You couldn’t just wear black headbands
You needed pink, blue, red, thin, wide, sparkly, looped, bandana, sequined, etc. The day you got rid of them was a sad day indeed. Especially when headbands made (and are still making) a comeback eight years ago.
19. When your friends got the American Girl Doll catalog before you did
Your dress for Samantha was so last season.
20. You weren’t allowed to get your ears pierced, so you relied on stick-on earrings
Which came off after two minutes of putting them on
22. When your hyper color shirt went into the washer, it lost all its power
Suffering for style, starting at a young age.
25. When your mood ring didn’t match your mood
It’s supposed to say I’m feeling relaxed but I’m actually really nervous…
26. Wanting a Prada backpack because Bianca from “10 Things I Hate About You” had one
And she favored them over her Sketchers
27. Realizing the ’90s are coming back in style and you got rid of #1-#25 years ago