High schools sports…they weren’t for everyone. Maybe you thought about joining a team because everyone else was doing it, but if everyone else was jumping off a bridge would you do that too?? Nah. Here are some far too familiar signs you weren’t part of the sports bandwagon in high school.
1. You basically had no choice but to join random clubs because if you didn’t, colleges probably would’ve thought you literally did nothing.
2. You considered homework extracurricular. Homework was serious some sh*t. You cared about getting all of your homework done and actually doing it right because if you didn’t care about your homework, well then you basically cared about nothing school related.
3. You had a lack of school spirit. Ew, school spirit. Were pep rallies really necessary?
4. You wondered how athletes had time to do everything. Yeah seriously how did athletes make the time to go to practice almost every day, do well in school, have games on the weekends AND have a social life?! Mind blowing…
5. Gym class was no fun for you. Gym class was awesome if there were no athletes in the class. Or it was pure torture if the class was full of athletes. There was no way us non-athletes were going to get competitive over dodge ball or floor hockey.
6. You were probably considered an “academic.” If you weren’t on a sports team then what were you? A nerd, a geek? How about just normal…we were just normal people, JEEZ.
7. People thought you were lazy. Just because we didn’t play sports in high school doesn’t mean we lacked drive or focus. We just didn’t want to waste our time doing something we didn’t want to do.
8. To this day you hate when people list the sports they played. OH, that was the worst. When people in college listed off all of the sports they played in high school and you were just like “yep, that’s cool, I um…did my homework and stuff.”