Author: Elana Lyn Gross
1. While you’re checking Facebook, it is safe to say that I am on Just Jared Jr. reading about Selena Gomez and Taylor Swift.
2. Some of my favorite TV shows take place in high schools (with 20-somethings acting as teens, but still). For instance, my favorite shows consist of Pretty Little Liars, The Lying Game, and Glee. In my defense, it is completely realistic to have a stalker named ‘A’ know your every move… to switch places with a twin sister who everyone legit thinks is you… and to believe you impregnated someone via hot tub.
3. My friend and I love going to Barnes and Nobles to recommend books for each other. We always grab lattes and head straight for…the Teen Books section. It is definitely a good thing I have a Kindle… You may think I’m reading Great Expectations, but I’m really re-reading the Gossip Girl series. Jokes on you.
4. I love being around my friend’s niece because I assume that we can dish the dirt about Selena Gomez, Taylor Swift, and Miley Cyrus. Unfortunately, she is too sophisticated for me and would rather talk about Proust.
5. When I was a freshman in college I’d go to my aunt and uncles house to visit. Little did we know how much I would have in common with my then five year old cousin. We would watch the High School Musical movies together and sing along because we both knew all the words.
6. If you see a 20-something in a suit reading J-14 or Teen Vogue, it is probably me.
7. Did you see Taylor Swift get Punk’d by Justin Bieber or the Taylor Swift Parody on The Soup with Joel McHale? I did. You can watch it here.
8. When people ask what music I listen to I say ‘it’s eclectic…’ which translates to Taylor Swift, Kelly Clarkson, Glee, Demi Lovato, Miley Cyrus, Selena Gomez, and Hilary Duff’s greatest hits.
9. I think all of the TV shows where people graduate were much better when they were still in high school. Perhaps the most important lesson we can infer from Gossip Girl, One Tree Hill, Boy Meets World, Beverly Hills 90210, the OC, and Dawson’s Creek is to stay in a very realistic version of high school for as long as possible.
10. If you find any of the following traits and characteristics appealing…Call Me… Maybe?